Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mothers Day is hard and lonley for many adults and kids around the world!

Mother's Day, for some people is like Valentines Day to the singles.   Myself personally, I did not grow up with a mother. It was hard.  She is still alive, but she never really wanted much to do with her kids.  It bothered me from time to time.  When I see my friend's mothers love them and give them things, I'm very happy for them.  But it does brake my heart that I never can feel that or have those experiences.  At different ages it hurt differently.

I was raised with  my dad and brothers with no mother or mother figure in my home.  I thought I was okay. But as I gotten older and realizing what things I missed out on and it can be devastating for me at times.  What also hurt is how people just judge and assume it's my fault.  Really?  A child has a parent that does not care, does not know how to care.. or they just can't, it is NEVER the child's fault.  Someone came to me a few years ago and said out of the blue. "you should forgive your  mom" I asked for what.  This person did not know anything about me except that I was not close to my mother. 

I find many people don't understand or care to try too. They go on with their lives and leave the hurt ones alone on special days.  Not real fun.

I know my pain can be so sad sometimes but I get through it.  I know what it feels like at any age to have others kids and adults treat you like you are different or have the plague or something just because you home life was different.  It's not right and it's not fair. 

But there are kids with no homes in foster care and in shelters and waiting to be loved and adopted who I imagine their pain is way more painful then the pain I have had.   I wish I could go help them all.

Here are a few ways you can reach out and help.
BBBS Big Brother & Big Sisters

When Holidays and special days are coming like Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, Mother's & Father's Day
contact your local shelters and care places where children are at in these situations and find out how you can bring special gifts to them or just one of them...Reach out... a little something from us can make a BIG SOMETHING for them.  Trust me, I know it personally....

Here are some more links to help children in pain
For the Child
Child Advocates
Childrendonate2.org

Remember these kids grow up to be adults and even though they do the best they can as adults and be the kindest and are good people, they can be more lonely and sad sometimes.  Know your friends and know their past hurts, listen to them.  Don't judge....give love.  Know a holiday can be a time to reach out to even adults who had childhood losses and even as adults.  As an adult I had a baby's heart beat stop inside of me and I had to have surgery to remove it, it was hard, I figured it was meant to be, but I'm not a mother and it can be sad at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment